Mission Statement & Values
It's hard to put into words what lies in our hearts, but we hope you get the meaning of what we trying to do – our mission.
Salford Health Matters exists to make you feel better. We deliver excellent primary health care in areas of need from a dedicated team of skilled and committed staff.
We do it differently. We aim to address the causes of ill health and develop new and innovative approaches to health care.
We do it together. We work with patients and partners to add value to what we do, and invest in our staff so they can achieve their best.
We do it for you. We reinvest our profit to improve the health of local communities.
We create a great place to work, with a clear set of values based on respect, excellence, collaboration, and commitment to the NHS
We are committed to the following values:
- We defend and uphold the values of the NHS
- We treat everyone with dignity and respect
- We create an environment in which people can flourish and give of their best
- We achieve excellence by holding fast to that which is good and through innovation
- We engage and collaborate to add value to what we do
- We acknowledge and celebrate contributions that uphold our mission
- We are, each of us, accountable for living these values
We are a social enterprise – a business with a social mission. We don't just drift along. We are focused on achieving some ambitious goals. We chose these objectives because we believe we have an excellent service to offer and more people deserve the high quality care we deliver. By achieving these objectives we will be able to provide a broader range of services for our patients, preventing ill health as well as making it easier to access more specialist help. It will also make us more sustainable as a business.
Salford Health Matters aims to:
- Provide primary care services to 20,000 people, the largest practice in Salford.
- Have improved the quality of essential medical services, with improved access, a QoF score of 96%, a patient satisfaction rating of 90% and achieve ISO9001 and Investors in People accreditation.
- Provide additional services and opportunities that address the determinants of ill-health for 3,000 people most in need in the following areas: unemployment, fuel poverty, mental health and social isolation.
- Reduce hospital admissions by providing a wide range of enhanced services and out of hospital care, providing 5 new specialist treatments.
- Have active community engagement: delivering projects in local partnerships and involving service users at all levels in our organisation.
- Have a happy and healthy, skilled and confident staff team, with staff satisfaction of 90%, reduced turnover and provide 20 training opportunities each year.